Sunday, April 19, 2009

Andie's 2 Month Birthday Update

Happy Birthday Angel Girl!!!!!!!

Today is Andie's two month birthday. I'm sure she is having a wonderful celebration with all her angel friends. We wish were celebrating with you. We miss you and love you so much.

Yes, it has been two months already. I can hardly believe it. I watched Andie's birth video for the first time this weekend. It is sooo beautiful. I really held my composure. I was just so excited to see her and get to hear her cry again. I told Duane, the whole thing is awful and we will always be sad. The only thing we can do is celebrate her life and savor all the moments we had with her. I know someday we will be with her again.

All is going well on the home front. I have been trying to keep myself busy so I don't have so much time to think. I went to get Andie's birth certificate and to the hospital this week. I got to see baby Ethan and his mom, Heidi. It was great seeing them. Ethan is doing well and getting ready for his next surgery. I also got ALL of Andie's medical records. All 470 pages. That's only for three weeks, can you imagine some of the other babies charts in there.

I'm planning a charity golf tournament in Andie's honor for June 20, 2009. If anyone is interested please let us know. I will have more info by the end of this week. If anyone is coming from out of town, I'm going to try to block some rooms.

The boys are doing well, they are ready for summer break. They only have one month to go. Can you believe it? Brogan is going to Tennessee again and Eric is going to Texas. Boston is still too young to stay away that long. So he will be bored with us while they are gone.

As for Duane and I , we are doing really well. (as well as expected) I think we are really trying to be strong, and be there for each other. We think about our angel every moment of everyday. We can't help to think about how it would be if Andie was still with us physically. How it it would be just doing daily activities. Such as, I was helping Duane do yard work yesterday. I was wondering if I would even be helping him if Andie was here. Our community had a picnic yesterday, and I ran into a friend who had a baby girl a week after Andie, I wanted to see the baby, and see how big Andie would be now. The other baby started 4lbs. bigger than Andie, but I kind of got the idea. It just breaks my heart every minute of every day. I honestly couldn't even get into being at the picnic at all. It's stuff like that, that is really hard too. We are really trying to keep ourselves busy. We recently painted Duane's office. It looks great!!!! I think he is very happy with it. We are also spending a lot of time together and doing things with some of our friends. I'm sure there are days when Duane wished I had a lot more stuff to do. I'm sure I drive him crazy sometimes. I really enjoy our time together, we just wish our baby angel girl was with us too. We know she is. We get signs from her to let us know she is here. I really believe that. Like I said we will see her again someday. I asked her to save us a seat. We love our baby girl.

Oh Yeah, speaking of the greatest husband ever, you should see the book Duane made for me all about our angel girl. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I wish there was a way I could put it on the blog. It is the best baby book anyone could ever ask for. Thanks sweetheart, you truly are the best. I love you very much.

We need to give a HUGE shout out and thanks to our niece Kassy. She did a jump rope contest at school for the American Heart Association and jumped in Andie's honor. She raised the most money and won. She got to be in their local newspaper in TN. They are also talking about Andie's story. We are very proud of you Kassy. I know your cousin is very grateful for what you did. (We will put the article on the blog as soon as we get it.)

Again, Thanks to everyone for all your love and support.

Duane, Brooke & Family






This was made for Andie's Papa.

6 comments:

........ said...

I kept up on your posts when sweet Andie was in the hospital and wanted you to know that I still pray for you daily and check back often to see how you are doing. May Heavenly Father bless you...

Stacie Aho said...

Happy Birthday Andie! It was good to see you Saturday. You looked happier. It must be hard doing day to day things without Andie physically near you. You are so brave and strong. Let me know if you ever need anything.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Andie Grace. You are ALWAYS in our prayers and our thoughts.

Analiza

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I'm sure Andie is so very proud of her parents and how strong they are and especially for all their love!

Cindy Bruni said...

Brooke,
I saw this poem in the comment section of another friend's blog. She just lost her 3-1/2 month old on Easter weekend. In case you hadn't seen this, I wanted to share it with you:

Ask My Mom

My Mom, she tells a lot of lies,
She never did before
But from now until she dies,
She’ll tell a whole lot more.

Ask my Mom how she is
And because she can’t explain,
She will tell a little lie
because she can’t describe the pain.

Ask my Mom how she is,
She’ll say "I’m alright."
If that’s the truth, then tell me,
why does she cry each night ?

Ask my Mom how she is
She seems to cope so well,
She didn’t have a choice you see,
Nor the strength to yell.

Ask my Mom how she is,
"I’m fine, I’m well, I’m coping."
For Gosh sake Mom, just tell the truth,
Just say your heart is broken

She’ll love me all her life
I loved her all of mine.
But if you ask her how she is,
She’ll lie and say she’s fine.

I am here in Heaven
I cannot hug from here.
If she lies to you don’t listen
Hug her and hold her near.

On the day we meet again,
We’ll smile and I’ll be bold.
I’ll say,"You’re lucky to get in here,
Mom, With all the lies you told!"

Tonya Risser said...

Brooke...you come to mind so often. I pray for you and pray for healing. I wish you could hold your little angel girl...she is so precious! Jesus is enjoying her right now, and He can care for her in ways no one on earth could. She is waiting for you and Duane :). If you ever need to chat feel free to call.

Love you...Tonya